CONTROLOGY PILATES METHOD EDUCATION (CPM Education) NEUROMYOFASCIAL PILATES TEACHER TRAINING
This 600 hour Neuromyofascial Contrology Pilates Teacher Training Programme is a course built for the success of you.
The Training is a unique and highly individualised small group fully Comprehensive 600 hour Programme.
Running over 24 to 30 months, this small group Training Programme was the first Pilates Teacher Training programme to teach the original Method entirely from a neuromyofascial perspective, recognised within the roots of Contrology.
Centre for Spatial Medicine has pioneered this unique CPM Education and the employment of the new neuromyofascial paradigm of the body, aligning the revolutionary findings of Thomas Myers' Anatomy Trains to the original Pilates Methodology. This new knowledge confirms and illuminates what Joseph Pilates was telling us over 50 years ago.
Centre for Spatial Medicine is a registered school with the PMA (Pilates Method Alliance). On successful completion of your training you will be qualified to sit the PMA Third Party Certification.
The original Pilates Methodology will be studied and learnt through a neuromyofascial lens, learning and utilising the Anatomy Trains map as your guide. It is a fully comprehensive training, covering the complete and original Pilates Studio repertoire.
This multi-level, multi-dimensional programme is an in-depth study of the nature of the body. It teaches the original, now somewhat historical, teachings of Joseph and Clara Pilates and others dedicated to their work.
Recognising Joseph Pilates’ seminal work with universal movement principals and the anatomy of fascia, this training teaches you to teach others to “return to life”.
In this fully comprehensive programme, you will cover the original Studio repertoire (entirely through a facial perspective). You'll be learning about the fundamentals of universal movement, movement principles, Pilates principles and fascial principles, to make sense of the repertoire for restored mechanical auto-regulated organisation. You will learn how influential and essential the recent 'anatomy of fascia' has become - and how important it is in securing your position as a truly authoritative and respected Pilates teacher in the world today.
The Preparatory Programme:
The Preparatory Programme is the first stage of the Teacher Training; it equips and qualifies you to embark on the depths and breadth of the Teacher Training. The Preparatory Programme is 80 hours and takes 4 – 6 months.
The Teacher Training Programmes are offered in three locations. Chose your location for Programme start dates and training schedule specific.
The Learning Experience
All training hours are on a 4:1 teacher student ratio
Training hours are scheduled fortnightly or monthly making it available for those needing to travel.
Observation and self-practice hours can be conducted at any one of the Faculty teacher studios in the UK, Zurich or Houston.
- The training hours are taught on a 4:1 student teacher ratio.
- The Preparatory Programme is Stage 1 of the Teacher Training. It is the foundation to the Teacher Training Programme.
- The Preparatory Programme (Stage 1) is 80 hours and will take 4 - 6 months.
- The Teacher Training Programme (Stage 2) is 120 hours and will take 24 months to complete, with time allowed thereafter for individual completion should you need it.
- Teacher Training hours (Stage 2) will be taught to you by 3 of our Faculty teachers giving you the richness and variety of each teacher’s individual strength and experience.
PLEASE NOTE that this means the group will be travelling to a different location and country for 25 of the 120 training hours. The times and logistics for this will be arranged with you at the start of the programme. Please note that the travel costs for this are not included in the programme fee.
- The 80 Training Preparatory hours and the 120 Teacher Training hours will be given 1 day a fortnight (6 hours per day).
- Your observation hours and your self-practice hours will be scheduled between these training days.
- Total of 80 Training Preparatory hours
- Total of 120 Teacher Training hours:
- Part 1, 0 – 40 hours: The Cadillac, Spine Corrector and the basic 7 Matwork exercises.
- Part 2, 40 – 70 hours: The Chair, Ped-i-Pull, Ladder Barrel and the Matwork exercises that relate to this.
- Part 3, 70 – 110 hours: The Reformer, the Matwork that relates to the Reformer and the small apparatus.
- Part 4, 110 – 120 hours: Revision.
- 8 x 1 hour mentor meetings to assess progress, to be had during the programme duration.
- A minimum of 100 hours of observation.
- A minimum of 250 hours self-practice.
- Up to 50 hours of assisted teaching (where this is needed).
- 20 hours of free Spatial Medicine workshops chosen with you individually to assist your learning needs. These are to be taken during the 24 month programme and can be in UK, Dubai, Zurich or Houston.
- 2 client case studies to be written up before completion (These 20 hours not included in the total programme hours count).
- 20 private sessions to be taken with any one of the Faculty Teachers.
PLEASE NOTE that these private sessions are not included in your training fee but will be given to you at the respective studio student rate.
- Unlimited use of the Studio facilities (during Studio opening hours).
Total Programme hours: 600 hours minimum
End of Training Assessments:
Practical and written exams will be given at the end of your training to determine your qualification. Ongoing assessments will take place at selected times during the training.
Two levels of qualification can be achieved:
- Studio Assistant Diploma - Allows you to work within a studio where there is a Spatial Medicine faculty teacher, as an assistant under supervision. Full Graduation can follow as you gain experience.
- Full Graduate – Allows you to work independently in any Pilates Method Studio.
Both the above qualifications enable you to take the PMA 3rd Party Certification exam, should you choose to.
NB: PMA CECs are not available for Teacher Training courses.
STAGE 1: The Preparatory Programme:
This is a one off programme fee of £700. Thereafter Training Preparatory hours are 50 CHF/ $50 / £38 paid directly to the training Studio.
STAGE 2: The Teacher Training Programme:
In the UK/ USA: £7,100
Deposit: £700.00 (non refundable) payable on the acceptance of your application.
Payment Plan options:
- 20 consecutive monthly payments of £325.00 (with the first payment two months prior to commencement).
- 3 instalments of £2,170 (starting one month prior to the start date and then on the 1st day of the 8th and 16th month of your training).
In Zurich: £8,800
Deposit: £800.00 (non refundable) payable on the acceptance of your application.
Payment Plan options:
- 20 consecutive monthly payments of £405.00 (the first payment is two months prior to the programme start date).
- 3 instalments of £2,700 (starting one month prior to the start date and then on the 1st day of the 8th and 16th month of your training).
Please note: Additional studio sessions, classes or workshops that you may choose to take that are not inclusive to the course hours will be charged for at the studio’s discounted student rate.
Candidate Pre- requisites
- Attendance of the Bridge Prelude (4 days)
Or the attendance of Anatomy Trains in Motion workshop (3 days)
Written assessments will be given on the Pilates Studio and Anatomy Trains after the completion of Stage 1’s Preparatory Programme.
Please note that this is not a pass or fail assessment but will allow for us to see what specific support you might need during Stage 2, Teacher Training Programme.
Applicants may be required to attend an interview prior to acceptance.
Candidate Pre-requisite Reading:
Anatomy Trains 3rd Edition by Thomas Myers
Return to Life & Your Health by Joseph Hubertus Pilates. Please obtain the version of the book available on this links below
Further Suggested Reading:
- Fascia: The Tensional Network of the Human Body by Leon Chaitow, Robert Schleip, Thomas Findley, Peter Huijing. (Good research-based material)
- The Biology of Belief by Bruce Lipton. (Very important information)
- The Endless Web by Louis Schultz. (More on fascia)
- Born to Walk by James Earl. (Interesting read on the bio-mechanics of walking)
We endeavour to inform individuals and professional bodies of the essential role and critical function of the fascia so that they can become self-referenced and self-reliant to ultimately realise their responsibility in the outcome of their health and lives.
- To cover the complete and original Pilates Studio and Matwork repertoire
- To teach the original teachings of Joseph and Clara Pilates and others dedicated to their work.
- To teach the students to ‘return to life’ through contrology themselves enabling them to teach others.
- To teach the Pilates Methodology through a neuromyofascial lens, learning and utilising the Anatomy Trains map as the students guide.
- To teach the fundamentals of universal movement, movement principles, Pilates principles and fascial principles.
- To make sense of the repertoire for restored mechanical auto-regulated organisation and rehabilitation.
- To learn how influential and essential the recent 'anatomy of fascia' has become - and how important it is in securing your position as a truly authoritative and respected Pilates teacher in the world today.
The Teacher Training Apprenticeship
A One-to-One Apprenticeship. This is the first Pilates Teacher Training
programme to teach the original Method entirely from a neuromyofascial perspective; recognised within the roots of the Pilates Methodology itself.
Apprenticeship Preparatory Programme
This is a pre-requisite to the Apprenticeship Teacher Training Programme.The Preparatory Programme is designed to assist you in achieving a basic-intermediate level of performance in the Contrology Method.