CPM EDUCATION (Contrology Pilates Method)
Neuromyo Fascial Pilates Teacher Training in Houston
How the Pilates Repertoire informs the fascia
This 600 hours Teacher Training is a course built for your success.
STAGE 1: TRAINING PREPARATORY PROGRAMME: 20 September 2019 - 12 June 2020
STAGE 2: TEACHER TRAINING PROGRAMME: 2020 - 2021
Book Now Download Training Catalogue
This programme expands on the historical teachings of Joseph and Clara Pilates and others dedicated to their work. Recognising this seminal work through the anatomy of fascia, teaches you to teach others to “return to life”.
The original Pilates Methodology will be studied and learnt through a neuromyo fascial lens, learning and utilising the Anatomy Trains map as your guide. This multi-dimensional programme is an in-depth study of the nature of the neuromyo fascial body.
You'll be learning about the fundamentals of universal movement and Pilates and fascial principles, to make sense of the repertoire for restored mechanical auto-regulated organisation.
You will learn how influential and essential the recent 'anatomy of fascia' has become - and how important it is in securing your position as a truly authoritative and respected Pilates teacher in the world today.
On qualification you will be eligible to sit the PMA Third Party Certification.
The Learning Experience
All training hours are in a small group environment
Training hours are scheduled fortnightly or monthly making it available for those needing to travel.
Observation and self-practice hours can be conducted with any one of the faculty teachers in the UK, Zurich or Houston.
Applicants may be required to attend an interview prior to acceptance.
No applicant will be denied on the basis of race, national origin, colour, creed, religion, sex, age, disability, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.
Written assessments will be given on the Pilates Studio and Anatomy Trains after the completion of Stage 1’s Preparatory Programme.
Please note that this is not a pass or fail assessment but will allow for us to see what specific support you might need during Stage 2, Teacher Training Programme.
Candidate Pre-requisite Reading:
Anatomy Trains 3rd Edition by Thomas Myers
Return to Life & Your Health by Joseph Hubertus Pilates. Please obtain the version of the book available on the link below.
Further Suggested Reading:
- Fascia: The Tensional Network of the Human Body by Leon Chaitow, Robert Schleip, Thomas Findley, Peter Huijing. (Good research-based material)
- The Biology of Belief by Bruce Lipton. (Very important information)
- The Endless Web by Louis Schultz. (More on fascia)
- Born to Walk by James Earl. (Interesting read on the bio-mechanics of walking)
- The training hours are taught in a small group environment.
The Preparatory Programme is Stage 1 of the Teacher Training. It is the foundation to the Teacher Training Programme.
- The Preparatory Programme (Stage 1) is 80 hours and will take 4 - 6 months.
- The Teacher Training Programme (Stage 2) is 120 hours and will take 24 months to complete, with time allowed thereafter for individual completion.
- Teacher Training hours (Stage 2) will be taught by 3 of our Faculty teachers giving you the richness and variety of each teacher’s individual strength and experience.
PLEASE NOTE that this means you will be travelling to a different location and country for 25-30 of the 120 training hours. The times and logistics for this will be arranged with you at the start of the programme. Please note that the travel costs for this are not included in the programme fee.
- Observation hours and your self-practice hours will be scheduled individually with you.
- Individual mentor meetings are given throughout the programme.
- Total of 80 Training Preparatory hours
- Total of 120 Teacher Training hours:
- Part 1, 0–29 hours: The Basic Reformer, The Cadillac, Spine Corrector and the basic 7. 30-40 Revision.
- Part 2, 41-64 hours: The Chair, Ped-i-Pull, Ladder Barrel and the Matwork exercises that relate to this . 65-75 Revision.
- Part 3, 76–109 hours: The Reformer, the Matwork that relates to the Reformer and the small apparatus. 110-120 Revision.
- 2 structural observations will be show during each Revision time
Question sheets and a practical assessment will be given at the end of each section to help you reach the required level.
Videos of each exercise will be available for all the students as well as the manual.
- 6 x 1 hour mentor meetings to assess progress, to be had during the programme duration.
- A minimum of 40 hours of observation.
- 3 Spatial Medicine workshop weekends
- A minimum of 250 hours self-practice
- Up to 50 hours of assisted teaching (where this needed)
- 20 hours of free Spatial Medicine workshops chosen with you individually to assist your learning needs. These are to be taken during the 24 month programme and can be in UK, Dubai, Zurich or Houston.
- 2 client case studies to be written up before completion (These 20 hours not included in the total programme hours count)
- 20 private sessions to be taken with any one of the Faculty
PLEASE NOTE that these private sessions are not included in your training fee but will be given to you at the respective teacher student rate.
- Unlimited use of the Studio facilities (during Studio opening hours)
Total Programme hours: 600 hours minimum
End of Training Assessments:
Practical and written exams will be given at the end of your training to determine your qualification. Ongoing assessments will take place at selected times during the training.
Two levels of qualification can be achieved:
- Studio Assistant Diploma - Allows you to work within a studio where there is a Spatial Medicine faculty teacher, as an assistant under supervision. Full Graduation can follow as you gain experience
- Full Graduate – Allows you to work independently in any Pilates Method
Both the above qualifications enable you to take the PMA 3rd Party Certification exam, should you choose to. Completion of the programme does not guarantee qualification or employment.
NB: PMA CECs are not available for Teacher Training courses.
Deposit: 1,500 USD (non refundable) payable on the acceptance of your application.
Start your application HERE
Payment Plan options:
3 instalments of 3,300 USD (starting two months prior to the start date of Stage 2 and then on the 1st day of the 5th and 10th month of your training).
Please note: Any additional studio sessions, classes or workshops that you may choose to take that are not inclusive to the course hours will be charged for at the teacher’s discounted student rate.